Research data provide the backbone of good science and are a valuable public good. ZMT intends to make its research data findable, accessible, interoperable and re-usable (FAIR), as stated in ZMT’s Open Data Policy. To achieve this goal, the Scientific Data Services (SDS) Group aims to facilitate data management at all stages of the data lifecycle. As part of ZMT’s strategic expansion “Digital ZMT (DigiZ)” the SDS group provides the following services:
- consulting on data management plans (DMPs)
- support data collection with software tools and consulting
- provisioning of curated cloud data storage (DataCloud)
- platform for collaborative data analysis (DataLab)
- preparation of research data for publication and archival
In addition, SDS offers training and guidance on research data management. The group has started its work in 2021 developing the above tools, platforms and services.