Research data provide the backbone of good science and are a valuable public good. ZMT intends to make its research data findable, accessible, interoperable and re-usable (FAIR), as stated in ZMT’s Open Data Policy. To achieve this goal, the Research Data Service aims to facilitate data management at all stages of the data lifecycle.
As part of ZMT’s strategic expansion “Digital ZMT (DigiZ)” the following products and services are provided:
- Advice on the creation of data management plans (DMP) and the annotation of metadata
- Support data collection with software tools and consulting
- Provision and maintenance of a cloud solution (DataCloud) for storing research and project data and collaborative work with internal and external partners
- Provision of a platform for collaborative data analysis (DataLab)
- Support for data publication and archiving
- Provision and maintenance of the ZMT Data Portals, which presents and links published ZMT research data with their metadata
In addition, the Research Data Service offers training and guidance on research data management. The Research Data Service (formerly: Scientific Data Services Group) has started its work in 2021 developing the above tools, platforms and services.