From June 2 – 4, the “The All-Atlantic2021 – All-Atlantic R&I for a Sustainable Ocean: Ministerial High-Level & Stakeholders Conference” takes place under the Portuguese Presidency of the Council of the European Union. In close cooperation with the European Commission, the event aims to strengthen Research & Innovation cooperation across and along the Atlantic Ocean, from “pole to pole”.
The conference will be a step forward in the work developed by the All-Atlantic Ocean Research Alliance, bringing together Ministries, high-level representatives and ocean leaders, including researchers, youth, entrepreneurs, academics, and civil society.
On June 4, 15:15 – 16:00, the EU-funded AANChOR project will take centre stage within the overall topic “Boost Synergies and promote new forms of collaboration within Atlantic R&I”.
ZMT is coordinating two work packages on capacity development and information & Data Sharing within AANChOR.
Acting Scientific Director Dr. Werner Ekau will take his virtual seat among the AANChOR Joint Pilot Action Leaders to discuss these key questions:
- What are the Atlantic local communities and initiatives needs to strengthen marine R&I cooperation?
- How can they be addressed by the AANChOR Joint Pilot Actions?
Programme Excerpt | June 4, 15:15 -16:00
João Tomé, Journalist, Portugal
- Othman Cherkaoui Dekkaki, All-Atlantic Youth Ambassador from Morocco
- Christine A. Ward-Paige, eOceans, Canada
- Andrei Polejack, MCTI and World Maritime University, Brazil
Debate with AANChOR Joint Pilot Action Leaders:
- Werner Ekau, Leibniz Zentrum für Marine Tropenforschung, Germany – “All-Atlantic Ocean Capacity Development and Training Platform” Leader
- Fabiano Thompson, Federal University of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil – “BIOTECMAR: A Joint Marine Biotechnology Initiative for the Atlantic” Leader
- David Bassett, European Aquaculture Technology and Innovation Platform – “Initiation toward a Brazilian Aquaculture Technology and Innovation Platform (BrATiP) as a first step towards an All-Atlantic Aquaculture Platform” Leader
- Olga Sato, University of São Paulo, Brazil – “All-Atlantic Data Enterprise 2030” Leader
- Ronaldo Christofoletti, Federal University of São Paulo, Brazil – “All-Atlantic Blue Schools Network” Leader
- Florence Coroner, The French Research Institute for Exploitation of the Sea, France – “All-Atlantic marine research infrastructure network” Leader
Registration for the event is still possible: https://www.allatlantic2021.eu/registration/
Full Programme: https://www.allatlantic2021.eu/programme/
More info: https://www.allatlantic2021.eu/