The Leibniz Centre for Tropical Marine Research (ZMT) has joined forces with the International Ocean Institute (IOI) and the German Development Institute (GDI) to host a summer school on the topic of "Ocean Governance for Sustainable Marine Ecosystems". The event will take place from 6 to 17 September.
You can apply until July 26, 2021 at this link.
- An intensive academic programme providing a scientific basis from different disciplines (social and natural sciences) to enable you to engage in marine governance. We have invited leading experts from different disciplines and distinguished institutions to work with you.
- Key Speakers: Awni Benham, Anna-Katharina Hornidge, Rüdiger Wolfrum, Werner Ekau and many more.
- Unique opportunity to engage with experienced researchers and practitioners.
- Meet other international young, visionary scholars and network with other future leaders in ocean governance.
- Course Fees: FREE for eligible candidates – the programme is supported by IOI, ZMT & GDI
- PROGRAMME: Monday to Friday 11:00 - 14:30 h UTC
- We invite applications from international, early-career scientists (PhD candidates, postdocs) from various disciplines in the field of marine research (biology, chemistry, geology, geography, sociology, political science and related). Representatives of governmental and non-governmental agencies with a relevant scientific background can also apply.
Applications from scholars from tropical countries are especially welcomed.