The ZMT is a member of the Scientific Information Service - IDW and publishes all press release on the service's website. The idw scientific information service is the news portal for up-to-date information from science and research. It brings together the scientific community and the public by publishing news items and schedules of events from its 1,000 member institutions and by distributing them some 39,000 subscribers, including 8,000 journalists.
News from ZMT
Twice a year ZMT publishes a newsletter in English, which is available for download. ZMT press office is happy to add you to the distribution list.
On the Science for the Public page we provide information about lectures, exhibitions and other events of the ZMT for the general public.
On the website media coverage you will find a selection of articles, radio and TV reports about the ZMT and its work.
Inclusion in our press mailing list
You are looking for a scientist to provide background information for your story or as an interviewee? Please contact the press office by phone or email to set up the interview with the appropriate ZMT expert. Here is a list with topics (related to tropical and subtropical seas and coastal habitats) that ZMT scientists study:
Coral reef ecology, threats for coral reef
- Mangrove ecology
- Ecology of aquatic microorganisms
- Tropical fish communities
- Marine ecosystems of the Galapagos Islands
- Restoration of coral reefs
- Connectivity between tropical coastal ecosystems
- Climate change and upwelling systems
Climate and environmental archives
- Reconstructing the environment through marine climate archives
- Human impacts on element cycles in the oceans and in tropical coastal ecosystems
- Human impacts on river inputs into the oceans
Threats to ecosystems
- Impacts of eutrophication
- Fisheries biology and destructive fishing methods
- Breeding, catching and trading marine ornamental organisms
- Ecological impacts of aquaculture
- Impacts of ocean acidification
- Biofuel and CO2
- Impacts of oxygen depletion in the oceans
- Pollutants in marine ecosystems
Humans and coasts
- Marine Protected Areas and their benefit
- Sustainable coastal management in the tropics
- Governance of marine resources