On November 5, 2018, six ZMT Alumni from South-East Asia and Ethiopia will present their current work and research projects. The presentations take place from 10:00 to 11:30 am in the large seminrar room. Thanks to generous funding of the DAAD, ZMT could invite a group of ZMT Alumni from South East Asia and East Africa to join the CAPTURE Colloquium. After the CAPTURE Colloquium they will give a public presentation at ZMT about current projects and opportunity for exchange. You find the names below and a list with more detailed information. Join this great opportunity to meet regional experts from our Alumni community!
- Hildegard Westphal (ZMT), Welcome Address
- Kristina Cordero (Marien Science Institute, Philippines): Coral Reef Visualization and Assessment (CoRVA) in the Philippine National Integrated Protected Area System (NIPAS) sites.
- Herminie Palla (Western Philippines University, Philippines): Researches toward marine fisheries policies formulation, economic well-being of coastal communities, and freshwater fishes biodiversity records enrichment in the Philippines.
- Tridewi Pribadi (Padjadjaran University, Bandung, Indonesia): Study of microplastic in intertidal zone: Pangandaran case.
- Sucharit Neogi (Coastal Development Partnership, Bangladesh): Major challenges for water security and aquatic resources in coastal Bangladesh: selected research perspectives.
- Zerihun Senbeto Woldeyohannes (Ethiopian Biotechnology Institute): An Overview of Ethiopian Biotechnology Institute.
- Joko Samiaji (University of Riau, Indonesia): Conserving the peat swamp and mangrove ecosystem through aquaculture and ecotourism for community welfare: a case from Meranti Regency of Riau Province, Indonesia & Potential partnership between ZMT and the HEIs in Sumatera (Indonesia/South East Asia) to strengthen the marine ecosystem conservation through community empowerment.