25/02/2021 | On March 18, Leibniz researchers will answer questions on topics that touch everyday life. "Book a Scientist. Book a Scientist" offers a unique chance to talk to an expert from the Leibniz Association for 25 minutes.
What does hip-hop sound like in Central Asia? What does peace have to do with Covid-19? What role do different hop varieties play in the flavor of a craft beer? What are living medicines? How can stress be measured in animals? What do you do with a -269 degree Celsius cold diamond? How are galaxies weighed? And what are the differences between say and mean?
The individual, 25-minute, one-on-one sessions will take place online on March 18, 2021. Safe your "date" with a smart Leibniz mind now! www.leibniz-gemeinschaft.de/bookascientist
The Leibniz Centre for Tropical Marine Research (ZMT) is also participating again with an exciting mix of social and natural science topics from the marine reasearch.
- Dr. Annette Breckwoldt: Reef Passages in the South Pacific: Breakthrough for Tropical Ecosystems and Local People? | 12:00 p.m. | 12:30 p.m.
- Dr. Marion Glaser & Dr. Samiya Selim: What are the consequences of climate change for the people of Bangladesh and how can research help? | 12.00 h | 12.30 h | 13.00 h
- Dr. Holger Kühnhold: Future food from the sea | 12.00 h | 12.30 h | 13.00 h | 17.00 h | 18.00 h
- Prof. Dr. Nils Moosdorf: Everything is connected to everything else: The Earth as a Complex System | 12.00 h | 12.30 h | 13.00 h | 17.00 h | 17.30 h | 18.00 h
- Peter Steiglechner: The bun is more than the sum of its crumbs: Surprising phenomena in mathematical models | 12.00 h | 12.30 h | 13.00 h | 17.00 h | 17.30 h | 18.00 h
- Prof. Dr. Hildegard Westphal: Sea level rise: What can save sinking islands? | 12.00 h | 12.30 h | 13.00 h
Choose from more than 150 topics in the following areas for your discussion:- Health, Aging & Nutrition
Literature, Culture & History
Media, Journalism & Internet
People, Nature & Ecosystems
Politics, Society & Religion
Language, Education & Open Science
Environment, Mobility & Energy
Space, Galaxies & Astrophysics
Economy, Work & Technology
All topics and dates can be found here: www.leibniz-gemeinschaft.de/bookascientist