20/10/2020 | As the term for the first generation of All-Atlantic Ocean Youth Ambassadors is ending soon, the search is now open for a new cohort of Youth Ambassadors.
You can be part of a great network of young actors of change in your community by promoting stewardship of a sustainable development for the Atlantic Ocean.
Application for up to two All-Atlantic Ocean Youth Ambassadors for Germany is now open until November 8, 2020.
1) What do All-Atlantic Ocean Youth Ambassadors do?
All-Atlantic Ocean Youth Ambassadors are dedicated individuals from all walks of life and backgrounds, who promote sustainable development and stewardship of the Atlantic Ocean. They are currently either in training or education programmes, or in the early stages of their profession.
Within the context of the All-Atlantic Ocean Research Alliance, Ambassadors will develop campaigns and communication strategies to reach out to local communities, students and civil society, engage decision-makers as well as work with local media to conserve and protect the Atlantic Ocean for future generations.
In developing online or local campaigns and events, Ambassadors will be integrated into the collaborative Atlantic pilot actions and supported by All-Atlantic research and innovation projects.
2) To become an All-Atlantic Ocean Youth Ambassador you should be:
- Knowledgeable and passionate about the ocean and seas, including their functioning and relevance for life on the planet, as well as the major environmental and societal threats that currently affect them.
- Interested in youth issues, science diplomacy, policy making, public engagement, education and training.
- A good communicator, and willing to use social media/blogs/videos/performances and writing articles to inform others.
- Between the age of 18 – 30 years (as of 1 June 2020).
- Confident English speaker and comfortable with public speaking.
- Able and willing to take part in the virtual Induction Training in February (tbc), 2021.
- Able and willing to take part in the Summer School in June (tbc), 2021.
- Participate in relevant events and meetings in person & virtually.
- Committed to giving time to this programme from December 2020 and beyond.
- Be a self-starter and become a team with the other All-Atlantic Ocean Youth Ambassadors.
3) Support provided for All-Atlantic Ocean Youth Ambassadors (non-exhaustive):
- Support from and close collaboration with the selecting organisation.
- Travel and conference fees will be covered by the AANChOR-CSA project upon prior approval if the selecting partner is an AANChOR-CSA project partner.
- Virtual Induction Training (Date TBC).
- Summer School (June 2021).
- Other events under the umbrella of the All-Atlantic Ocean Research Alliance.
4) How to apply?
Please fill out the All-Atlantic Ocean Youth Ambassadors application form and send it to
5) More information:
All-Atlantic Ocean Research Alliance Website: https://allatlanticocean.org/main
All-Atlantic Ocean Youth Ambassador’s Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AllAtlanticYouth
All-Atlantic Ocean Youth Ambassador’s Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/allatlanticyouth
Social Media Hashtags: #AtlanticAll #AtlanticYouth